A Bike Trip - Vigneshwaran_16Dec21

 

A Bike Trip to Kodaikanal from Chennai (Porur)

 

An old book says: Unplanned trips are amazing.

Me and my friend have been to a marriage. There, we didn’t have a serious discussion on the trip. He was just saying “my college classmates are going for a bike ride to Kodaikanal”. Oh! that's great, go and enjoy man was all I could come up with.

He thought that I am not interested. He just said that If I join, it would be good. That night went as though I am not taking any interest. He asked me to inform the next day to plan for the trip.

Next night, I boozed and danced. Came back to home late. Had a good sleep for 3 hours. Suddenly, my friend called, whether we are going or not? Yes! let's go.

And it all started there. It was 2.30 pm. I was waiting for him at Porur signal. He picked me and his 3 friends came to the spot. Finally, we started at 5.00 pm.

Bike Introduction:

3 Bikes overall and we were 5. R15 - The racer, smooth and silky. Pulsar 150 - A Bike that leaves no stones unturned. There comes the beast, RE - Royal Enfield – Thunderbird – Craze - the posture itself talks.

 We drove R15, Others were on RE and Pulsar.

The ride started with set pace of 80Km/Hr to 90 Km/Hr. We were in regular touch and looked after each other while riding the bike. Enjoyed the random pit stops and roadside dinner.

Reached KODAIKANAL AT 4.00 A. M.

The atmosphere was spine chilling ice cold. Either we had to have a shelter or badly needed something to keep us warm. Somehow, we got a room to refresh. Some sightseeing and we are back to room by 5.00 pm. We sipped brandy to keep us warm.

Start From Kodaikanal to Chennai - One hell of a ride @ 7.00 A.M. 

7:00 am meant a better sightseeing - a treat to watch. Enjoyed every moment while riding downhill. The time came for concluding changing bikes and gears. An ultimate joyous ride to cherish forever.

Those two days of awesome madness and exploration was a treat indeed. I have driven R15 earlier. It always feels great. In the final phase of return, I got to ride RE. That feeling you know; it was something special. Its memory hits me hard every now and then. I am overjoyed. I can alone feel that vibe. RE, A Beast, A lion head, A King's owned.

Sometimes you need a break to breakthrough 😊

...One Good Ride... Looking for many more...

-          -  Vigneshwaran

#3# Chennai is a Metropolitan city in Tamilnadu, India. Kodaikanal is a hill station in the same state.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duped on the name of Patanjali

The Hair-loom

Hope