Catching Wasp

 Catching Wasp


In summers, the jasmine flower creeper near the window bloomed to its fullest. The entire room smelled good. At night, it made weird images on the windowsill and wall. Occasionally, bees and wasps built their homes on the trees in the front garden which can be seen from the window.

Once it so happened that a wasp entered the bedroom through the window. I was scared that it would somehow bite me. I came up with a brilliant idea to catch it alive and leave it in the garden. For that, I sat silently and watched it intently. Once it sat on the teddy bear in a corner, I got a small towel to hold it. I carefully kept the towel on the wasp. Bundled it softly with care. I was super happy that I did it. Now, I just had to leave it in the garden.

Suddenly, I felt an excruciating pain in my wrist. I screamed aloud - Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Heard a “Thud” sound. Dropped the towel and ran to the living room. Mummy fell from chair. She was lying flat on the floor and so did the chair. Mummy was cleaning the shelf. To reach the top one, she was standing on a chair.

Seeing me sobbing, somehow, she gained all her strength and asked what happened. I showed the wrist where wasp stung. Holding my other hand, she rushed to the kitchen. Luckily, we had limestone powder (chuna) at home. As soon as she applied it on the wrist, I was relieved in no time.

Once both of us were sober, she asked me what happened. We laughed together at our plight.

 Written By - Saranya

Illustration - Harshil & Saranya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duped on the name of Patanjali

The Hair-loom

Hope